Friday, March 28, 2008

Sumidero Canyon

This morning I went on a tour to visit a deep river canyon near San Cristobal de Las Casas. The river was not navigable before a dam was build down stream in the 1970s. It was clear sky with haze, and we stared our tour around 10:20 or so, hard to make any decent pictures. It was also pretty dry, so the canyon wall's vegetation is a bit brown. The boat has no roof, so the sun beat down on us really good.

The high canyon walls are pretty impressive. We saw alligators, and egrets. Anyway I had better boat trips than this one during this journey.

After boat trip we visited a town called Chiapas de Corzo, another unimpressive town.

After returning to San Cristobal de Las Casas around 2:30, I ordered a takeout (yes chicken) for lunch, and afterward wondering around the city visiting some of the churches as well its market. Now I am just passing time before my bus ride.

No comments: